[Dovecot] passwd(contact at akairnet.com, 91.121.76.71): unknown user

Daniel Luttermann daniel at dlutt.de
Wed Aug 11 23:12:17 EEST 2010

Kurt22 wrote on 11.08.2010:

> Thanks Daniel, my log have evolued but i have always the problem. I use a
> mysql db authentification so I have replace your answer by :

> local_recipient_maps = mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_comptes.cf

> with in mysql-virtual_comptes.cf :

> hosts = 127.0.0.1
> user = xxxx
> password = xxxx
> dbname = xxxxx
> table = users
> select_field =
> CONCAT(SUBSTRING_INDEX(username,'@',-1),'/',SUBSTRING_INDEX(username,'@',1),'/')
> where_field = username

> in mail.log :

> Aug 11 20:35:22 ns351550 postfix/local[24266]: DA0353BA95:
> to=<contact at akairnet.com>, relay=local, delay=0.13, delays=0.12/0/0/0,
> dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (unknown user: "contact")

Hmm, first: the sql query for postfix above version 2.2 has changed.
The query (new) looks like:

  query = SELECT value FROM table WHERE value='%s'

See: http://www.postfix.org/MYSQL_README.html

Depending on your mysql fields you can also use

 query = SELECT username FROM users WHERE username='%s'

It's not really needed to works with concat etc.

Your config looks like that you want to use "virtual" users and
domains because you use virtual_mailbox_domains and other virtual
related config options.

For virtual users and domains you should not list your "virtual"
domains in $mydestination. All virtual users should be in your
database so that you can use the Dovecot LDA for delivery as you've
set with "virtual_transport = dovecot".

I suggest to leave local_recipient_maps at the default value and use
"virtual_mailbox_domains", "virtual_alias_maps" and
"virtual_transport" instead. You must also change $mydestination
because you can not define a domain as virtual and local domain.

If you use a mysql table for local users make sure that the user can
be found. You can test this also with

 postmap -q contact at your-domain mysql:/etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_comptes.cf

If the query is correct you should get back the correct value. If so,
Postfix should be able to deliver the mail.

--
Daniel