[Dovecot] More than one private namespace not possible

Jan Friedrich jft at dev2day.de
Thu Aug 12 12:20:03 EEST 2010

Hi everyone,

Two days ago I migrated from Courier to Dovecot 1.2.13. Everything went
smooth until the point I wanted to try some more features of Dovecot.

My working configuration contains just the one INBOX. private namespace.
Adding any other private namespaces (e.g. SHARE. with the configuration
below) produces strange results in Thunderbird 3.0.6 and Evolution 2.28.3:

I cannot see the SHARE. namespace but the mail clients create
SHARE^^Trunk and other funny things inside the INBOX. namespace (inside
die INBOX. Maildir). Changing the name of this private namespace has no
effect.

Because the devault dovecot.conf tells me I need an default namespace I
created one but that did not change anything.

In Thunderbird 3.0.6 the namespaces are correctly displayed in the
advanced IMAP settings under "private namespaces" but not in the main view.

The logs do not show any errors or warnings and the Maildir for the
SHARE. namespace is correctly created by Dovecot.

System:

Ubuntu Hardy with self-compiled Dovecot 1.2.13 with managesieve 0.11.11
patch.

SHARE-Namespace:

namespace private {
   separator = .
   prefix = SHARE.
   location = maildir:~/shared/Maildir
   list = yes
   subscriptions = yes
   hidden = no
   inbox = no
}

Working config (without second private namespace):

# 1.2.13: /usr/local/etc/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.18-028stab070.2 x86_64 Ubuntu 8.04.4 LTS
base_dir: /var/run/dovecot/
protocols: imap imaps managesieve
listen(default): *:143
listen(imap): *:143
listen(managesieve): *:2000
ssl_listen(default): *:993
ssl_listen(imap): *:993
ssl_listen(managesieve):
ssl_cert_file: /etc/courier/host.pem
ssl_key_file: /etc/courier/host.pem
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot//login
login_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
login_executable(managesieve): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/managesieve-login
first_valid_uid: 1
mail_uid: mail
mail_gid: mail
mail_location: maildir:~/Maildir
mail_executable(default): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(imap): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
mail_executable(managesieve): /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/managesieve
mail_plugins(default): acl imap_acl
mail_plugins(imap): acl imap_acl
mail_plugins(managesieve):
mail_plugin_dir(default): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(imap): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/imap
mail_plugin_dir(managesieve): /usr/local/lib/dovecot/managesieve
imap_client_workarounds(default): tb-extra-mailbox-sep
imap_client_workarounds(imap): tb-extra-mailbox-sep
imap_client_workarounds(managesieve):
namespace:
  type: private
  separator: .
  prefix: INBOX.
  location: maildir:~/Maildir
  inbox: yes
  list: yes
  subscriptions: yes
lda:
  postmaster_address: root at domain.de
  mail_plugins: sieve acl
  mail_plugin_dir: /usr/local/lib/dovecot/lda
auth default:
  passdb:
    driver: ldap
    args: /usr/local/etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
  userdb:
    driver: prefetch
  userdb:
    driver: ldap
    args: /usr/local/etc/dovecot-ldap.conf
  socket:
    type: listen
    client:
      path: /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
      mode: 432
      user: postfix
      group: mail
    master:
      path: /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode: 384
      user: mail
plugin:
  acl: vfile
  acl_shared_dict: file:/var/lib/dovecot/shared/shared-mailboxes.db
  sieve: ~/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_dir: ~/sieve

Regards
--
Jan Friedrich

jft at dev2day.de

Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.
Siehe http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.de.html