[Dovecot] Standards of expectations for software installs

Mon Aug 16 19:55:40 EEST 2010

On 2010-08-16 10:23 AM, Marc Perkel <marc at perkel.com> wrote:
> That's why people pay for Windows and Macs and more people use it
> than Linux because it just works. You start an upgrade anf click NEXT
> AGREE NEXT NEXT NEXT FINISH and everything just works. That's the way
> Linux should be.

You're not serious?? I can't count how many times an update of Windows
or a windows program didn't go as expected or planned, but this has
absolutely nothing to do with the fact that your question was posted to
this list because you were too lazy to even make a half-hearted attempt
to figure out the problem yourself.

> So - even though something might be a minor detail, when you get the
> minor details right then you get software the "it just works" which
> is in my opinion the highest thing one can say about a program. And
> it's who dovecot is so popular.

Irrelevant. Sure, I'd love for it to just work like magic every time,
but reality is very different, and if you are going to be too lazy to
try to fix something yourself, you should expect the kind of responses
you have gotten.

--

Best regards,

Charles