[Dovecot] wake up getamail on imap request

Peter Dungel p.dungel at chello.at
Wed Aug 18 15:28:41 EEST 2010

Hi,

i've set up a little mailserver for my homeoffice, and after some problems
everything works fine for me, I've some virtual users which get their mail
delivered via getmail, and I can access my mails from my windows mailclient.

The only issue I'm still facing is, that I don't like to run getmail as a
cronjob that connects to my online mailboxes every minute or so, I'd rather
want it to do so every thirty minutes and whenever I request so by  fetching
my mails at my mailclient (e.g. outlook), I've font the Fetchmail Wakeup
plugin, but according to  the description this only works for version 1.1.x
and 1.2.x but I'm running 1.0.13.

Anyone has any idea how to solve this or has a workaround?

Thanks Petr