[Dovecot] Messages causing an error from Solr.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Aug 20 17:42:11 EEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 00:41 -0700, Erik Hetzner wrote:

> I am trying to use the fts_solr plugin, and having some
> success. Unfortunately some spam messages I had lying around generate
> an error from Solr, e.g.:
>
>   HTTP/1.1 400 ParseError at [row,col]:[5,29] Message: An invalid XML
> character (Unicode: 0xd84e) was found in the element content of the
> document.

(Interestingly enough, Evolution also crashed every time I tried to
reply to your message without selecting only this part of the text.)

I don't have a Solr installation right now set up. Could you try if
these changes fix it:

http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/ccc71865dea0
http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-1.2/rev/cc7aa7a4dd6d