[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0 and BSDI 4.X

Jerry dovecot.user at seibercom.net
Mon Aug 23 18:23:44 EEST 2010

On Mon, 23 Aug 2010 15:21:15 +0100
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> articulated:

> On Mon, 2010-08-23 at 17:03 +0300, Odhiambo Washington wrote:
>
> > Looks like even I woke up my FreeBSD 4.0 today, Timo would be
> > willing to help me make Dovecot 2.0 run on it.
> >
> > I think it's something to do with these hard core programmers. They
> > never see failure as an option!
>
> If making Dovecot run on some specific OS requires only a few changes,
> I'll do it. Doesn't matter how old it is. But if it's starting to look
> like it would require larger changes, then I'll probably forget about
> it..

Well, in my opinion, if the BSD people have all ready abandoned it, it
is probably time for you to do so also. With FreeBSD-8.1 officially
released, continued use of a deprecate OS makes no sense at all,
assuming that the OP knows how to upgrade his installation. If he
doesn't, then that is a whole new ballgame.

--
Jerry ✌
Dovecot.user at seibercom.net