[Dovecot] Help needed with plugin - Read Only access to IMAP mailbox

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Aug 25 16:09:32 EEST 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 11:59 +0200, Chris Moules wrote:

> Option 1: ACL
> This can work, but not if the mailbox(s) can change without you knowing how. I.E. a online read-only archive of someone else's
> mailbox. There is no wild-card or recursive ACL options. Rsync style backups don't allow for easy creation of custom ACL files
> per mailbox.

I think you could pretty easily add support for "default ACL file" that
is used instead of the internal ACL defaults. I've been planning on
doing that at some point anyway. Maybe ~/Maildir/dovecot-acl-default or
something.

> The plugin forces the MAILBOX_OPEN_READONLY flag in a mailbox_open() call.

Yeah .. this flag isn't enforced much really.. I think I should just
remove it.