[Dovecot] dovecot 1 to 2 migration FreeBSD

fakessh fakessh at fakessh.eu
Wed Aug 25 21:01:13 EEST 2010

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 20:37:04 +0300, Odhiambo Washington
<odhiambo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Frank Bonnet <f.bonnet at esiee.fr> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> is there some specials recommentations to migrate from dovecot 1.1.x to
>> 2.0.1 with FreeBSD boxes ?
>>

> If dovecot-1.1.x is serving your needs fully, then IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED to
> upgrade:-)
> Or did you mean to ask differently? I realize you are French, so may be I
> misunderstand.
> Version 2.x have great features, but maybe you do not need those.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Odhiambo WASHINGTON,
> Nairobi,KE
> +254733744121/+254722743223
> _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
> "If you have nothing good to say about someone, just shut up!."
>                -- Lucky Dube

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 8:48 PM, fakessh <fakessh at fakessh.eu> wrote:
[snip]

    I'm trying now the time to migrate from 1.2.13 to 2.0.0 this with a
lot
    of difficulties
    see my posts since yesterday

What difficulties?

How did you do it?

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:20:17 +0100, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

    On Wed, 2010-08-25 at 17:50 +0200, fakessh wrote:

                    doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file
/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf line 700: Unknown setting: sieve_global_path

                You sure that worked with v1.x either? It should be
inside plugin {} section.

            yes i sure this work with v1.x inside plugin section i
remove plugin v1.x not work again

    I don't understand the above sentences. But the error should be
fixed simply by putting it inside plugin section: plugin {
sieve_global_path = whatever }

I just tried the migration my services were down during this time the
I now have another error

Fatal: service(auth) access(/usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-auth) failed:
No such file or directory
                                                           [�CHOU]
[root at r13151 ~]#

nb : sorry for the post into your mailbox