[Dovecot] LDAP & static userdb

spamvoll at googlemail.com spamvoll at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 27 18:07:29 EEST 2010

ive added
args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/home/MAILBOXES/%u/ mail=/home/MAILBOXES/%u/mail

and it work.

Im not really sure about the hole LDAP thing :)

my conf:
uris = ldaps://ldap.example.org:636
dn = cn=dovecot server,ou=people,ou=Server,dc=example,dc=org
dnpass = hiddenpw
auth_bind = yes
ldap_version = 3
base = dc=example,dc=org
scope = subtree
user_attrs = homeDirectory=home,uid=mail=maildir:/home/%$/mail
user_filter = (&(objectClass=gosaMailAccount)(|(mail=%u)(gosaMailAlternateAddress=%u)(uid=%u)))
pass_attrs = uid=user,userPassword=password
pass_filter = (&(objectClass=gosaMailAccount)(uid=%u))

(yea on 1.2 my home was /home/%uid but that suxx and i want to move it
to /home/MAILBOXES/%uid)

1) I have a user that can read the PW so i dont need "auth_bind = yes", right?
2) user_* and pass_* i dont need them anymore cause its always:
home=/home/MAILBOXES/%u/
mail=/home/MAILBOXES/%u/mail