[Dovecot] Combining ManageSieve with hand-written scripts

Jason Bleazard jason.dovecot at bleazard.net
Mon Aug 30 22:31:29 EEST 2010

On Mon, 30 Aug 2010 13:15:43 -0400, Jason Bleazard
<jason.dovecot at bleazard.net> wrote:

> I thought I could do something like
>     sieve_before = ~/sieve/custom.sieve
>
> but that doesn't seem to work.

Okay, I did a bit more reading and testing and figured it out.  I hadn't
previously noticed that %h also specifies the user home directory.  Setting
"sieve_before = %h/sieve/custom.sieve" DOES work, where the ~ didn't.  The
~ works for the sieve and sieve_dir settings, but apparently not
sieve_before or sieve_after.

So I'm happy, just thought I'd share the answer with the rest of the list.

Thanks,
Jason