[Dovecot] LMTP with address extension

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Dec 1 00:40:12 EET 2010

On Tue, 2010-11-30 at 19:59 +0100, ckubu wrote:

> Thanks for the fast response and sorry, yes i mean postfix's
> recipient_delimiter. I already testet with different settings of dovecot's
> recipient_delimiters. If setting global recipient_delimiter (15-lda.conf),
> lmtp accepted the mail (that was i expected),

Right.

> but sieve tried to deliver the
> mail to the (extension part named) subdirectory of that user,

Oh no. I didn't intend that feature to be enabled by default. I guess it
sneaked in kind of accidentally. Now, wonder if I should just change the
default behavior or not .. I'm leaning towards changing the default,
better to break a few installations now than many later.

Changed in hg now: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.0/rev/d7886c6d9ba5

> even if sieve's
> recipient_delimiter (90-sieve.conf) ist not set ("recipient_delimiter =").

I thought Sieve would be using the global recipient_delimited, not the
one inside plugin {}. Stephan, should that just be removed from the
example config?