[Dovecot] SIS errors - was Error from mobile client (Palm Pre)

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Wed Dec 1 20:49:02 EET 2010

On 11/30/2010 8:09 PM, Daniel L. Miller wrote:
> Continuing to see errors on this with some new messages.  Is it
> possible this has anything to do with zlib plugin, or possibly having
> a mix of zlib compressed & uncompressed messages with mdbox?  I
> recently added zlib to deliver plugin list.
I don't *think* I'm losing mail with this - but some clients are
handling this worse than others.  I think it's a result of running the
nightly purge, and having new mails being zlib compressed via deliver
while having old mails uncompressed - and then doveadm combines them
into a given mdbox file during the purge.  Something's being messed up
in the indexes as a result.

--
Daniel L. Miller, VP - Engineering, SET
AM Fire & Electronic Services, Inc. [AMFES]