[Dovecot] SSL issues on separate IPs

Tim Traver tt-list at simplenet.com
Fri Dec 3 07:46:32 EET 2010

Timo,

ok, I have more info from your suggestion to use the openssl test client
connect.

I do have about a dozen more configs on different IP's, and they seem to
work. I just didn't include them.

I get the following error when trying to connect to that IP :

[root at mta2]# openssl s_client -connect 209.132.xx.4:993
CONNECTED(00000003)
28579:error:140790E5:SSL routines:SSL23_WRITE:ssl handshake
failure:/usr/src/secure/lib/libssl/../../../crypto/openssl/ssl/s23_lib.c:188:

which basically says its an SSL handshake error. I did have the
verbose_ssl log directive on, and didn't see anything in the dovecot log
about the handshake failing. The strange thing is that this cert is used
for apache https as well, and there are no issues with the handshake in
apache...

I guess I will go and make sure the chain and CA certs are the proper
ones from godaddy. I hate chain certs...

So, I guess I'm not sure if it is dovecot or not yet, although it is
kind of strange that nothing is written in the logs about the handshake
failing.

Tim.