[Dovecot] Dovecot 1.2.16 compiling error

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 3 20:44:45 EET 2010

On Fri, 2010-12-03 at 20:38 +0200, Mart Pirita wrote:
> Timo Sirainen kirjutas:
> >
> > This looks messed up. Some part of OpenSSL is from 0.9.6b and some part
> > is from 0.9.8l.
>
> Noticed too, seems dovecot doesn't fully trust export CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS
> paths?

Or there are some other parameters that conflict with it. Show the gcc
command line when compiling ssl-proxy-openssl.c and when linking
imap-login binary? If there is -I/usr/include that could explain it..

> BTW, why dovecot uses "export CPPFLAGS/LDFLAGS" and not  typical
> --with-ssl=/usr/local/ssl etc style?

I've answered this many times. In short: I don't like that style. Not as
a programmer and not as a user when compiling other programs. It makes
too many assumptions and guesses.

> > No libssl.. I guess it's you then need to do:
> >
> > ldd src/login-common/.libs/libdovecot-login.so | grep libssl
> >

> Hmm, no such dir or file:

Oh, right, v1.2 and not v2.0. So libssl was linked statically to
imap-login, I guess? That explains why there were so many matches to the
strings grep.