[Dovecot] load increase after upgrade to 2.0.8

Cor Bosman cor at xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 8 23:41:44 EET 2010

> I see you're using userdb passwd. Do your users have unique UIDs? If they have, maybe it has to do with that..

Yes, we have about 1 million unique UIDs in the passwd file (actually NIS).   I did upgrade 4 machines to the latest kernel, but it's hard to tell if that changed much as our usage peak is during the day, So I'll know more tomorrow. But so far it looks as though the context switches are still high.

Cor