[Dovecot] postfix-dovecot-sasl help

Ted To rainexpected at theo.to
Mon Dec 13 19:41:36 EET 2010

On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 17:15:00 +0000
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On 13.12.2010, at 17.08, Ted To wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 16:50:27 +0000
> > Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> >
> >> CRAM-MD5 is incompatible with PAM.
> >> http://wiki.dovecot.org/Authentication/Mechanisms
> >
> > After reconfiguring the client to use LOGIN rather than CRAM-MD5, I
> > still get the following error: http://pastebin.com/bnhxVajc.
>
> Set auth_debug_passwords=yes and look at the logs. Maybe they'll show
> something helpful (unfortunately PAM is very unhelpful for debugging).

Ah -- it is looking for /etc/sasldb2.  Does this mean I can't use
"passdb passwd-file"?  Or is there something wrong with my configuration on the postfix side?

Dec 13 12:36:57 kahlo postfix/smtpd[26253]: warning: SASL
authentication problem: unable to open Berkeley db /etc/sasldb2: No
such file or directory Dec 13 12:36:57 kahlo postfix/smtpd[26253]: