[Dovecot] After-delivery sieve processing

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Tue Dec 14 20:20:36 EET 2010

Is it possible to run sieve against an existing mailbox?

My application: I've got a mailbox that stores status messages from
multiple sites.  It's easier to check up on recent events by having them
all in one folder.  However, after I've read them, I'd like to have them
archived to individual folders per site.  I currently have a sieve
script that uses "fileinto" to sort the mails - but I'm thinking of
removing it from deliver if I can run it as a manual job later.

I suppose another method would be to duplicate the mails on delivery
into both the main folder and the per site folders, then delete after
I've read them - but for whatever reason that strikes me as inelegant.
--
Daniel