[Dovecot] users's mailboxes = mbox , shared mailboxes = maildir ... is it possible ?

Frank Bonnet bonnetf at newmail.esiee.fr
Thu Dec 16 14:49:16 EET 2010

Hello

I solved my previous SSL problem by reinstalling dovecot2 ... :-)
at FreeBSD 8.1

Now I'm using dovecot 2 , cool ...

Actually my production mail server runs with MBOX format but reading
the dovecot 2 wiki I read shared mailboxes are only working well with
Maildir format.

As I would like to setup some shared mailboxes, is it possible to have
MBOX format for normal users ( UNIX NIS users ) and Maildir format
for shared mailboxes to gain access to the per-user \Seen flag

Or do I have to convert ALL my server to Maildir format ?

Thanks a lot for your help