[Dovecot] Moving email between folders outside of IMAP context

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Wed Dec 22 00:41:08 EET 2010

On 21/12/10 23:18, Phil Howard wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 17:09, Tom Hendrikx <tom at whyscream.net> wrote:
>
>> I am not familiar with Ubuntu specifics, but iirc Stephan Bosch (creator
>> of sieve plugin) has a repo with debian builds of dovecot+sieve.
>
> I would need something that is sieve only, as Dovecot is already
> installed, configured, and running.
>
> I'm also considering writing a program to be run by Postfix in place
> of "deliver", which will read the mail to determine how to run
> "deliver".  As long as mail comes in on stdin and is written on
> stdout, it should be relatively easy (pipe(), fork(), maybe setsid(),
> execve() in child, read() and write() in parent).  But this would take
> some thorough testing to be sure it is safe.

That software is already written and tested, it is the sieve plugin. If
you're willing to write, test and run a complete new piece of software,
you might as well replace dovecot with a sieve enabled version of the
same package you're running now, and putting your current configuration
in place.

Anyhow, maybe sieve is already available in your current package. I'm
not familiar with (contents of) ubuntu packages, so maybe someone more
knowledgeable in this area can step up?

--
Regards,
	Tom