[Dovecot] Moving email between folders outside of IMAP context

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 00:49:47 EET 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 17:41, Tom Hendrikx <tom at whyscream.net> wrote:

> That software is already written and tested, it is the sieve plugin. If
> you're willing to write, test and run a complete new piece of software,
> you might as well replace dovecot with a sieve enabled version of the
> same package you're running now, and putting your current configuration
> in place.

I would not be willing to take the risk of uninstalling and
re-installing Dovecot or Postfix.

> Anyhow, maybe sieve is already available in your current package. I'm
> not familiar with (contents of) ubuntu packages, so maybe someone more
> knowledgeable in this area can step up?

Ah ... apparently so.  These files exist, so I'll go do reading on CMU sieve.

meitner/root/x0 /root 299# ( dpkg -l | fgrep dovecot | awk '{print
$2;}' | while read n ; do dpkg -L ${n} | fgrep -i sieve | prefix
"package ${n} has " ; done )
package dovecot-common has /usr/share/doc/dovecot-common/wiki/LDA.Sieve.txt.gz
package dovecot-common has /usr/share/doc/dovecot-common/wiki/ManageSieve.txt.gz
package dovecot-common has /usr/share/doc/dovecot-common/managesieve.README.gz
package dovecot-common has /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda/lib90_cmusieve_plugin.so
package dovecot-common has /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda/lib90_cmusieve_plugin.la
package dovecot-common has /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/lda/lib90_cmusieve_plugin.a
package dovecot-common has /usr/lib/dovecot/sievec
package dovecot-common has /usr/lib/dovecot/sieved
package dovecot-common has /usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve
package dovecot-common has /usr/lib/dovecot/managesieve-login
meitner/root/x0 /root 300#

--
sHiFt HaPpEnS!