[Dovecot] trying to make cmusieve happen globally

Phil Howard ttiphil at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 20:12:49 EET 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 11:46, Anton Dollmaier
<antondollmaier at aditsystems.de> wrote:

>> plugin {
>>         sieve_global_path = /etc/dovecot/sieve-global.d/spam.sieve
>
> Use "sieve_before", which is not documented in the wiki.

Changed.

> Only this way the sievescript really gets executed.
>

> The global path requires a sieve script per home directory, including the
> global file.

I changed "sieve_global_path" to "sieve_before", restarted both
Dovecot and Postfix (though if "deliver" reads the config file each
time, I guess I should not need to restart for this stuff), but
there's still no effect.  Mail is delivered, but still just to the
regular inbox.

Do I need to have per-user sieves set up, too, just to get it to work?
 Are there any log messages that I should expect to see when it is
working?

--
sHiFt HaPpEnS!