[Dovecot] Telnet access creates new maildir folders

Fabio Catunda fcatunda at contactnet.com.br
Thu Dec 30 05:16:19 EET 2010

Mr. Seasoul,

What is your MDA?

Ok, maybe you don't have this answer right now, but it's pretty
important. MDA is a Mail Delivery Agent, it's responsible for delivery
an e-mail to the user e-mail folder. I tend to use maildrop, again, just
because I like it.

Apparently there is a misunderstood between your MDA and Dovecot. Your
MDA is delivering e-mail to a folder and Dovecot is trying to take
e-mail from another folder, that's probably your problem.

There are two ways to fix it, or your MDA starts to deliver e-maiil to
the correct folder or you reconfigure Dovecot to search for e-mail in
the same folder that your MDA deliver it.

To know what MDA you are using you have to look in postfix files. And if
you are using dovecot as your MDA I can't help you a lot since I don't
use it as MDA. :-( Sorry.

Att,

Fábio Catunda.