[Dovecot] LMTP-Server: missing headers [Delivered-To]

Andrzej Adam Filip anfi at onet.eu
Mon Feb 1 13:14:52 EET 2010

Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:
> On 1.2.2010, at 8.38, Andreas Schulze wrote:
>
>> In the first case there are *no* Return-Path and Delivered-To Headers.
>> In the (most common) second case the *are* present.
>> Why these Headers are not included while using the LMTP-Server?
>
> I guess I could add Return-Path header.

Of course you plan a command line option to turn it off, do not you? :-)

> I could also add Delivered-To as long as there is only a single
> recipient, but adding it for multiple recipients would make everything
> much more difficult than I'd like.
>
> I was wondering about Delivered-To header before too. What do people
> use it for?

It may be useful if multiple "envelope recipients" are delivered to
single mailbox e.g. "plussed addresses" user+detail at example.net
or tss+tss=example.net at example.org (would be handy for fetchmail).

[pl>en: Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi at onet.eu
The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older
people, and greatly assists in the circulation of the blood.
  -- Logan Pearsall Smith