[Dovecot] proxy_maybe regex

David Halik dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu
Mon Feb 1 22:17:44 EET 2010

Does anyone know if dovecot support regex lookups for proxy/proxy_maybe,
rather than mysql/ldap etc?

I've been comparing it with perdition to see which one might be better
for us to do layer7 username switching.

Perdition supports the ability to not have any auth/db looks, but rather
just a regex file that parses the usernames as they come in and forwards
to the particular machine on the same port.

For example:

username:host
^[a-d]: 192.168.xxx.1
^[e-k]: 192.168.xxx.2

and so on...

I didn't think this was supported in dovecot, but I wanted to check
first. I think this is going to end up being what we use to avoid NFS
problems. It's lightweight, drops into our current setup, and doesn't
require a mysql database which adds another point of failure.

--
David Halik
dhalik at jla.rutgers.edu