[Dovecot] Dovecote does'nt start - no log ?

Jean-Francois jfsimon1981 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 18:47:55 EET 2010

Le vendredi 05 février 2010 09:11:28, Steffen Kaiser a écrit :
> On Thu, 4 Feb 2010, Jean-Francois wrote:
> > Actually, I installed Dovecot on an OpenBSD server, however, after
> > properly setting (assumed) the confs, Dovecot does'nt start. I don't know
> > the reason but don't know how to debug. Where is the log about reason for
> > not starting ?
>
> Use "-n" and, if successful, "-F" option, see
> http://wiki.dovecot.org/CommandLine
>
> If you cannot find the log location (see Timo's mail), try to trace the
> process, e.g. ktrace, strace, truss, ... whatever is available on your
> system
>
> Regards,

Ok,
Here's the log. Not clear for me what's wrong.

dovecot: Feb 05 17:39:37 Error: auth(default): mysql: Missing value in connect
string: user
dovecot: Feb 05 17:39:37 Error: Auth process died too early - shutting down
dovecot: Feb 05 17:39:37 Error: child 16642 (auth) returned error 89

and here the dovecot-sql.conf

driver = mysql
connect = host=/var/www/htdocs/local/sql/mysql.sock dbname=mail user=user
password='the password is a sentence wright here'
default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT
password_query = SELECT pass FROM users WHERE userid = '%u'
user_query = SELECT home, uid, gid FROM users WHERE userid = '%u'
#user_query = SELECT maildir, 10000 AS uid, 10000 AS gid FROM mbox WHERE user
= '%u'

Regards