[Dovecot] dovecot and firstname.initial.lastname mbox format archive
wkb at xs4all.nl
Wed Feb 10 21:36:33 EET 2010
Today I have been in a puzzling fight with 2 dovecot versions that I would
like to ask some comments on.
The situation is this:
- I have a considerable mail archive in mbox format (yes, I know, but that
is what I have..).
- My mail reader is mutt 1.5.20 by the way.
- Some of these mbox files have names like firstname.initial.lastname
Note the . seperating the parts of the email-ers name.
- On my old system I have dovecot v 1.1.7 which has always worked flawless
- On my new system I have dovecot v 1.2.8 which refuses to handle these
dot-seperated files. I get the somewhat familiar
"Mailbox doesn't allow inferior mailboxes".
On a not-previously-existing mbox dovecot 1.2.8 produces the directory
hierarchy thing: firstname -> initial -> lastname
- I am using the same dovecot.conf on v.1.1.7 and v.1.2.8
Can anyone tell me if v1.2.8 no longer is able to do what v1.1.7 did? And
what I dearly would like to get working :-( And if it can, what should I
put in dovecot.conf to make that happen?
wilko at FreeBSD.org
More information about the dovecot