[Dovecot] [RCU] Dovecot managesieve

Frank Bonnet f.bonnet at esiee.fr
Mon Feb 15 11:21:39 EET 2010

Well I've looked forward into the wiki and did not found
my server have only system users ( no virtual domain )
and the wiki says :

System users

If you wish you use deliver for all system users on a single domain mail
host you can do it by editing mailbox_command parameter in

/etc/postfix/main.cf (postconf(5)):

That's what I did but then I have this problem with DOTLOCK

If I chmod 777 /var/mail directory it works but I do not feel
comfortable with that kind of access rights ...

On 02/12/10 20:39, Joseph Kolb wrote:
> Hi Frank,
>
> the question is, do you use the LDA of dovecot (LocalDeliveryAgent)?
> If so, then yes, you must add/modify some stuff in master.cf. This is good
> described in dovecot wiki :-).
>
> Regards,
> Joseph
>
> Am Freitag 12 Februar 2010 15:42:12 schrieben Sie:
>> Hi Joseph
>>
>> Thanks for your answer
>>
>> did you modify something in Postfix main.cf file ?
>>

>> Frank

>>> Hi Frank,
>>>
>>> i use also dovecot 1.2.10
>>>
>>> and here is my part of dovecot.conf
>>>
>>> -->snip<---
>>> protocol imap {
>>>
>>>     ssl_listen = *:993
>>>     mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
>>>
>>> }
>>>
>>> protocol lda {
>>>
>>>     postmaster_address = postmaster at xxxx.xx
>>>     log_path = /var/log/dovecot-lda.log
>>>     info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-info-lda.log
>>>     mail_plugins = sieve
>>>
>>> }
>>> -->snip<---
>>>
>>> Regards,