[Dovecot] [RCU] Dovecot managesieve

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Mon Feb 15 17:37:01 EET 2010

Frank Bonnet put forth on 2/15/2010 4:30 AM:

>> mail_privileged_group=mail

>> in dovecot.conf and I think you''ll be good to go.

> it's already set ...

Hmm....

> BTW what kind of locking are you using ?
> I do not use NFS and all files are located on "local" disks

I use pretty much the dovecot defaults, with local sata disk, ext2 fs Debian Lenny:

mbox_read_locks = fcntl
mbox_write_locks = fcntl dotlock
mbox_lock_timeout = 300
mbox_dotlock_change_timeout = 120

I'm using the Postfix default lock settings:

deliver_lock_attempts = 20
deliver_lock_delay = 1s
mailbox_delivery_lock = fcntl, dotlock
stale_lock_time = 500s

I don't think your problem is a lock issue but a permissions issue, as changing
to 777 eliminates the file write error.  I'm not sure exactly why that is, but
obviously the LDA process isn't running with the right privilege.  Either that
or the permissions on /var/mail/ aren't correct.  But those perms are usually
set during operating system install, so I would assume they're correct.  I've
never used LDA.  I'm surprised one of the other experienced OPs or Timo himself
hasn't jumped in here.

--
Stan