[Dovecot] GlusterFs - Any new progress reports?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 18 05:25:46 EET 2010

Quoting Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com>:

> Anyone had success using some other clustered/HA filestore with
> dovecot who can share their experience? (OCFS/GFS over DRBD, etc?)

GFS2 over DRBD in an active-active setup works fine IMHO.   Not perfect,
but it was cheap and works well...  Let's me reboot machines with
"no downtime" which was one of my main goals when implementing it...

> My interest is more in bootstrapping a more highly available system
> from lower quality (commodity) components than very high end use

GFS+DRBD should fit the bill...  You need several nics and cables,
but they are dirt cheap...  Just 2 machines with the same disk setup,
and a handful of nics and cables, and you are off and running...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!