[Dovecot] Problem with allow_nets passdb parameter and Postfix

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 18 17:32:09 EET 2010

On Mon, 2010-02-15 at 14:00 +0300, Неворотин Вадим wrote:
> allow_nets check failed: Remote IP not known

> Problem is clear: smtpd don't send client IP to dovecot authentication
> socket.

Yep. The only way you can get Postfix to send IP to Dovecot is by
patching Postfix sources.

> But I need to limit the ability of connection to users only from
> specific IP. Both for SMTP and IMAP. How can I do that? I use dovecot 1.0.15
> and Postfix 2.5.5 on Debian Lenny.

Do you mean all users must connect from only specific IP, or is it a
per-user configuration? If all users, maybe you can do this on Postfix
side some other way. Or require clients to use submission port or a
different IP and use a firewall.