[Dovecot] Anyone successfully setup Continous Backup of mailboxes using rsync ?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Feb 18 17:35:19 EET 2010

On Thu, 2010-02-11 at 10:46 +0500, CoolAtt NNA wrote:

> from the wiki of Lazy Expunge:
> "The plugin is configured by defining namespaces where the mails are
> moved. You can decide if you want the namespaces to be visible to
> clients, or if you want to show them only via some special webmail
> interface. You can use either one or three namespaces"
>
> How do I access the namespaces(the back up mailboxes) ?

Well,

a) You can make the namespaces visible (list=yes) and they'll show up
just like regular mailboxes. Might confuse users.

b) You make the namespaces hidden (list=no, hidden=yes) and the only way
to access them is by explicitly configuring client's namespace path to
that. That's of course a pretty painful thing to do. Maybe by using two
different accounts that would be slightly better.

But the main reason for lazy_expunge is to allow a) custom-built
webmails or b) sysadmins to do the unexpunging.