[Dovecot] 2nd REPOST: mbox vs maildir

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Thu Feb 18 20:36:15 EET 2010

Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
> Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> Deleting and recreating the Outlook account might be the easiest fix
>    Ok, that solved the seeing everything problem.  But Outlook still
> won't see the user's 'mail/' folder with mailboxes in it.  Could that
> be because I don't have a 'subscriptions=' line in that namespace?  It
> works fine for Thunderbird ...
    Actually, I take that back.  For a few reasons:

       a) I had 'list = no' in the 'mail/' namespace.  Setting it to
'yes' allows Outlook to now see that namespace correctly.  However,
       b) Every time Outlook gets launched, both the 'mail/' and
'mail-Archives/' show up briefly, then disappear.  I have to hit a
'Update Folder List' for them to re-appear.

    The last issue I'm not sure is actually a Dovecot problem though.
But if anyone else is having this behavior, I would love to hear if
there's a solution.

--
W | It's not a bug - it's an undocumented feature.