[Dovecot] v2.0 IMAP Capabilities announcement

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Feb 21 21:33:31 EET 2010

On 21.2.2010, at 21.16, Thomas Leuxner wrote:

> I have an Android Mail App which worked fine with IDLE pushes before (K-9 Mail) under 1.2.10. With 2.0 beta 3 it seems to be looking for an IDLE prompt from the server, otherwise it will disable connection idling (whether this is valid or not).
>
> Setting 'imap_capability = IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID IDLE ENABLE' does the trick, but is it possible to add additional values to the default reply like this?

Hmm. That's too bad. I was hoping to avoid sending any unnecessary capabilities before login. Perhaps IDLE could be added there as an exception.

Although .. Looks like that's an open source client. Perhaps you could report this as a bug and get them to fix it? Dovecot pushes the updated capabilities after login, the client should pick them up.