[Dovecot] v2.0.beta3 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 22 19:53:51 EET 2010

On 22.2.2010, at 19.49, Thomas Leuxner wrote:

> Am 22.02.2010 um 16:29 schrieb Timo Sirainen:
>> What specific logging option for LDA?.. Seems to work exactly the same
>> as in v1.2:
>>
>> protocol lda {
>> info_log_path = /tmp/deliver.log
>> }
>
> Ah ok. Thought all logging ought to be configured in 'logging.conf' as there was no example in 'lda.conf'.

No, the config files were split only to hopefully make them easier to manage. You can put any settings anywhere you want.

> Since I switched to lmtp delivery yesterday, would it also be possible to have a different logging path for that?

Nope. It would be now much simpler to implement it though. log daemon would just need to support reading/using separate config for each service. Maybe it could even be implemented in less than 50 lines of code..