[Dovecot] Duplicate Elimination

Wed Feb 24 14:21:37 EET 2010

On 2010-02-24 6:58 AM, Aravind Divakaran wrote:
> In my mail server i have two groups and one user is belonging to both
> the groups. Previously i was using cyrus at that time when i am
> sending a mail to the two groups there will only one mail in the
> user mailbox . But now the user is getting one more copy of same
> mail. Is there is a way i can avoid this.

One possibility - did you specify the users home directory?

Output of dovecot -n would have answered this question ahead of time.

>From the wiki:

"Some uses for home directory are:

    * By default Sieve scripts are in user's home directory.
    * Duplicate mail check database is in user's home directory.
        Duplicate suppression won't work if home directory isn't
        specified."

http://wiki2.dovecot.org/VirtualUsers/Home

--

Best regards,