[Dovecot] Installation directories layout question

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 24 19:00:36 EET 2010

On 24.2.2010, at 17.24, Hunny Bunny wrote:

> That is exactly what I did later defining each and every installation directory like --libdir=/usr/local/dovecot/lib and so on and so forth.
>
> This "Fine tuning" is not working as expected. For some reason dovecot adds that extra 'dovecot' at the end of the libdir and other directories path.

autoconf/automake doesn't make this type of setup easy. Maybe you could do something like:

make pkglibexecdir=/usr/local/lib

Or can you give an example of some other program using automake where this works better? Maybe there is a way to do it, and I'm just doing something wrong. Although most programs aren't normally creating subdirs..