[Dovecot] body search very slow since upgrade from 1.0.15 to 1.2.10

Pascal Volk user+dovecot at localhost.localdomain.org
Thu Feb 25 07:47:49 EET 2010

On 02/24/2010 07:27 PM Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Well, when index is up-to-date it's fast. But after you've received a
> few mails, at least with me it seemed to spend more time updating the
> index than just doing the regular search.

I've never setup any of the three FTS plugins. I've only seen, that the
plugins are used as mail_plugin in the protocol imap/pop3 sections.

When the index should be up-to-date all the time (what's very important
(IMHO)), I'm asking myself: Why are there no fts plugins for the lda and
lmtp section? When the index would by updated on delivery, it should be
always up-to-date. Or did I overlook something?

Just a quick idea: How about a Xapian <http://xapian.org/> fts plugin?

Regards,
Pascal
The trapper recommends today: fabaceae.1005606 at localdomain.org