[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0b3 IDLE not advertised

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Sat Feb 27 21:46:22 EET 2010

On 27/02/2010 17:07, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 27.2.2010, at 1.54, Bernhard Schmidt wrote:
>

>> The main difference seems to be that 1.2 advertises IDLE in capabilities
>> before authentication, but 2.0 does not:
>>
> http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2010-February/047011.html explains this a bit better. I'll add IDLE to pre-login capabilities if I really have to, but that's probably going to be the only exception, no other post-login capabilities will be added there. And I'd prefer not to add IDLE either, because it's the best way to find clients that can't handle changing capabilities and then get them fixed.
>
> Do you think there's any chance of getting Profimail fixed by reporting this as a bug for them? Other new servers besides Dovecot behave in a similar way.

I talked to Profimail previously and they were extremely helpful.  In
particular I requested support for the COMPRESS extension and they
emailed me back a new version about 24 hours later

Suggest drop them a line in the first instance? (You could check that
the COMPRESS stuff made it into the released build also since Timo
kindly added support for that to 2.0)

Ed W