[Dovecot] Issue Authenticating to a new dovecot-postfix installation

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Jan 1 02:01:30 EET 2010

On Thu, 2009-12-31 at 16:21 -0500, Jerry wrote:

> > Dunno. Above the private field appears to be "-" (the one after
> > unix). I don't know why Postfix would see it as "--n".
>
> Maybe asking  Wietse Venema <wietse at porcupine.org> might prove
> insightful.

wouldnt do that, he gets very touchy with people emailing him directly,
he wants people to sub to his useless err i mean users mailing list :)

I asked him why postfix double lookups and looks up other stuff after
its got a clear "not here", he said not to email him personally send to
list, where it was also ignored, so i wouldnt waste my time asking
him :)