[Dovecot] Dovecot LDA with SetUID

Michael pfml at nettrust.co.nz
Fri Jan 1 05:40:31 EET 2010

Has anyone been able to get Dovecot LDA working where each user has a
different UID?

All the howtos on the Internet I have found set the UID of a mailbox as fixed
for all users.

However I have tried to run it on the current SQL database we have (with
different UID per user) and I get the following:

Jan  1 16:25:40 HOST dovecot: deliver(EMAIL): Fatal: setgid(1000(stdusers))
failed with euid=8(mail), gid=12(mail), egid=12(mail): Operation not
permitted

I am calling this from Postfix with:

dovecot unix    -       n       n       -       -       pipe
        flags=DRhu user=mail:mail argv=/usr/local/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f
${sender} -d ${recipient}