[Dovecot] Deliver virtual user's mail to a specific namespace?

Brian Schang dovecot at lists.schang.net
Sat Jan 2 06:23:27 EET 2010

Hello:

I have virtual users set up for the various mailing lists that I
subscribe to. Everything has been working well in both Postfix and
Dovecot. Postfix is configured to deliver to a specific mbox file within
my mbox mail root. I can access retrieve and read email via Dovecot
without any issues.

Now I want to make my setup more robust and have these messages
delivered to a maildir namespace.

I have configured the LDA within the Postfix master.cf file:
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   	flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -f
${sender} -d ${recipient}

I have configured the 'dovecot' transport within Postfix in the
transport file:
test at lists.schang.net           dovecot:

In dovecot.conf I have set up the namespace as follows:
namespace private {
        	separator = /
        	prefix = "Lists/"
        	location = maildir:~/MailLists
        	subscriptions = yes
}

I'm having a hard time specifying the "Lists/" namespace in my userdb
passwd-file:
test:{PLAIN}linux:2000:200::/home/brian::userdb_mail=maildir:Lists/test

I can't get the userdb_mail portion to work. For this user,
'test at lists.schang.net', how do I tell Dovecot/deliver to put the
message in the 'test' mailbox within the 'Lists/' namespace?

I'd appreciate any insight.

Thank you.

--
Brian Schang