[Dovecot] architecture to handle 1000 messages per second?

Sat Jan 2 18:27:14 EET 2010

On 2010-01-01 8:01 PM, Michael wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jan 2010 11:09:33 Bob Eastbrook wrote:
>> Can anyone describe an architecture which can handle 1000 IMAP or POP
>> messages per second?  Ideally, it would be hosted in the cloud and
>> additional instances could be launched to handle additional load.

> The Courier IMAP server is a fast, scalable, enterprise IMAP server that uses
> Maildirs. Many E-mail service providers use the Courier IMAP server to easy
> handle hundreds of thousands of mail accounts. With its built-in IMAP and
> POP3 aggregation proxy, the Courier IMAP server has practically infinite
> horizontal scalability.

Courier-imap is ok, I used to use it - but dovecot whips it up one side
and down another - always has, but since about 1.1, it has become
rock-solid, and is so much faster (and lighter on system resources) than
courier that I don't understand why anyone still uses it (courier).

--

Best regards,

Charles