[Dovecot] dovecot as lda

denlistes at altern.org denlistes at altern.org
Mon Jan 4 20:03:10 EET 2010

Hi,

I would like to integrate dovecot as lda for the hosting control panel
alternc (http://www.alternc.org)

I manage to run it for the mail but not for the alias.

The problem is that in the configuration of alternc, the mails are seen as
aliases in the form user_domain.tld. In a second time, a match is
made to see if an "real" alias exists.

postmap -q test at lists.test.net mysql:/etc/postfix/mydomain.cf
test-owner_lists.collectifs.net

postmap -q test-owner_lists.test.net mysql:/etc/postfix/myalias.cf
"| /var/lib/mailman/mail/mailman owner test"

With my configuration, this part is no longer working and dovecot can not
find the user:

test at lists.test.net user unknown

Any ideas ?

Thanks
Denis

# main.cf

virtual_alias_maps =    proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/myalias.cf,
                         hash:/etc/aliases
virtual_mailbox_domains = mysql:/etc/postfix/mydomain.cf
virtual_mailbox_maps = proxy:mysql:/etc/postfix/myvirtual.cf

virtual_transport = dovecot
dovecot_destination_recipient_limit = 1

# master.cf

dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=www-data:www-data argv=/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d
$(recipient)