[Dovecot] Dovecot not delivering mail.

Tue Jan 5 13:55:54 EET 2010

On 2010-01-04 4:21 PM, Pascal Volk wrote:
> On 01/04/2010 10:11 PM Anthony Nedland wrote:
> [picture]
>
> This is the Dovecot mailing list - not a picture gallery!
>
> Use `dovecot -n -c /etc/dovecot/dovecot-postfix.conf `

Question: if you use an alternate location for the config file, and
start dovecot with that config file properly, does plain 'dovecot -n'
output what is in the config file that is in use? Or the one in the
default location?

In other words, would you really have to remember to run dovecot -n -c
per your example above?

I ask because I've never used it with a config file in a non-default
location.

If this is correct, I would consider it a bug - dovecot -n should know
which config file it is using, and outout accordingly.