[Dovecot] First time Dovecot user, really impressed so far. What is best IMAP enabled webmail package to go with Dovecot?

Eric Rostetter rostetter at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Jan 5 17:30:29 EET 2010

Quoting Stan Hoeppner <stan at hardwarefreak.com>:

> I've looked a little at both now and am still reading.  One thing I
> don't like
> is that I'm seeing requirements a SQL server.  That adds unnecessary
> complexity
> to the system and I'd rather avoid it if possible.  IIRC, one of the

You can/could run Horde/IMP without a SQL DB.  Some Horde modules may not
work without it, but the basic e-mail functionality can be used without
any SQL DB.  Some features may also be slower without it, but that doesn't
mean it won't work or be useful without it.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Go Longhorns!