[Dovecot] Dovecot not delivering mail.

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 6 14:20:46 EET 2010

On 5.1.2010, at 13.55, Charles Marcus wrote:

> In other words, would you really have to remember to run dovecot -n -c
> per your example above?
>
> I ask because I've never used it with a config file in a non-default
> location.
>
> If this is correct, I would consider it a bug - dovecot -n should know
> which config file it is using, and outout accordingly.

How would it know what config file Dovecot is using? The config file needs to be read before it even knows where the base_dir is. What if there are multiple Dovecots running? The main problem here is that Ubuntu for some reason decided to use dovecot-postfix.conf instead of the default dovecot.conf..