[Dovecot] Dovecot not delivering mail.

Anthony Nedland anthony.nedland at baldwin-telecom.net
Wed Jan 6 18:57:04 EET 2010

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:
> On Qua, 06 Jan 2010, Pascal Volk wrote:
>> Sorry, but I really can't understand, why the most unbuntu users seems
>> to be unable to read AND understand so simple written documentation. :(
>
> <flamebait>
> If they could, they'd be running debian. :-)
> </flamebait>

Distro discussion aside, I think I know for sure what my issue is at
this point.
I looked at the tables I have in mysql. The show duane at baldtel.com in
the username field. Every email username is listed as user at domain. There
is also a domain field that just has baldtel.com in it. No @ there.
My logs are showing that when the server looks for a username to
send/receive as, it refuses anything like duane, because it's looking
for the username duane at baldtel.com. That's what I must have to change right?
When someone tries to send from an external domain to this address they
get the server bounce back message that duane doesn't exist. When I log
into the POP side of the server it works because I use the username with
the @.
Does this make sense at all?