[Dovecot] How to create UTF encoded folders?

Kārlis Repsons karlis.repsons at gmail.com
Sat Jan 9 13:18:59 EET 2010

Hey,
as I understand from post [1], system folders with UTF-8 chars in their names
will only be available for use with Dovecot2 and I certainly look forward to
that, but somehow I was short of info about the current use of UTF characters
like ā, Ž etc. Should I just omit thinking about modified-UTF-7, avoid those
characters for the time being and then with Dovecot2 create UTF-8 encoded
folders with MUA and also on fs? Or there is something to know anyway? Please
suggest as it would be a pity not to create folders with utf symbols...

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dovecot@dovecot.org/msg23576.html