[Dovecot] virtual namespace question

Josephus josephus at josephus.hu
Sun Jan 10 12:41:27 EET 2010

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to create a virtual namespace on a
prefix other than "virtual/". My goal is to mix IMAP folders with
virtual folders on the same folder level (prefix = "").

mail_location = maildir:/data/mail/%d/%u/

# Virtual
namespace private {
     prefix =
     separator = /
     location = virtual:/data/mail/%d/%u/virtual
}

namespace private {
     separator = /
     prefix =
     inbox = yes
}

With this configuration the folders show up on the same level, but I'm
unable to subscribe to them. When I change the prefix back to "virtual/"
it works, but folders are still gruoped under "virtual". Funny thing is,
when I use a prefix something like "vfolder/", the root folder is no
longer greyed out in my MUA (TB3), and I get a "Mailbox doesn't exist:
vfolder" error msg if I click on it.

BR,
Jos