[Dovecot] Corrupted index cache file still occurs with Dovecot 1.2.9

Stuart Rowan strr-debian at decisionsoft.co.uk
Mon Jan 11 13:07:34 EET 2010

Timo Sirainen wrote, on 28/07/09 19:24:
> On Tue, 2009-07-28 at 19:17 +0100, Stuart Rowan wrote:
>> dovecot: 2009-07-28 10:23:16 Error: IMAP(strr): Corrupted index cache file /home/local/strr/Maildir/dovecot.index.cache: record continues outside its allocated size
>> dovecot: 2009-07-28 10:23:56 Error: IMAP(strr): Corrupted index cache file /home/local/strr/Maildir/dovecot.index.cache: record continues outside its allocated size
>
> These are kind of annoying. Apparently they still happens in some
> conditions, but I've really no idea how to reproduce/fix them. Anyway
> I'm going to simplify the code in a few months, maybe after that there
> will be no more cache corruption. :)

Hi Timo,

Dovecot continues to serve us extremely well: I turned on squat based FTS
last week and I am amazed how much snappier Thunderbird's Search is at
finding messages now :)

The index corruption issues continues to dog us though. Attached text file
shows this corruption (I've masked the differing user names and full paths)
as listed by the log file produced since 06:00 this morning.

Cheers,
Stu.